Building Inspection Tauranga
Why You Need a Building Inspection in Tauranga
If you are buying a house, then you need a building inspection in Tauranga. The building inspection is one of the most important steps in purchasing a home, whether it’s new, old or somewhere in between. At What’s Up House Inspections, we provide the type of thorough, top-to-bottom inspection you need to buy a home with confidence.
The Importance of Having a House Inspection in Tauranga
Especially if you are buying a newly built home—or if you are purchasing a house that you worked closely with architects and builders to design—you might not see the point of a building inspection. However, the truth is that comprehensive inspections are important for any home. Here are a few reasons why:
- You don’t want to inherit a long list of costly problems: Building defects cost money to fix. Whether it’s an outdated electric switchboard, a roof that is going to need to be replaced in a year or a crack in the foundation, these problems are expensive to resolve. Hiring someone to do a complete house inspection in Tauranga is the best way to spot these problems.
- You deserve all the information: Buying a house is a big investment—among the biggest that most of us will ever make. You shouldn’t enter into this kind of transaction lightly, and you certainly shouldn’t make your decision without having all the facts at your disposal. Builders or previous owners won’t always be forthright about problems with their buildings; they want to sell them, after all. Sometimes, the builder or owner might not even know about a defect. An inspector can find these problems and let you know about them, so that you can make an educated decision on the matter.
- New builds can have problems too: Cut corners, mistakes in the building process, poor workmanship or faulty components can all cause problems, even in new builds. Generally, you will have some sort of warranty when you buy a freshly built house, which means you may not need to pay out of pocket for these issues, even if you do buy. Still, making sure you are getting what you think you are getting is important, and a house inspection in Tauranga is the best way to do that.
What You Can Expect from What’s Up House Inspections Regarding a Builder’s Report in Tauranga
When you hire us to carry out your house inspection in the Bay of Plenty, you can expect numerous hallmarks of superb service, including:
- The most qualified inspectors: When you work with us, you get a builder’s report in Tauranga. Truly, all our inspectors are qualified builders with a wealth of experience. These people know building and know how to spot defects that are easy for others to miss.
- Quick turnaround: We deliver our reports on the same day as the inspections, with detailed descriptions and full-colour photographs of any defects found.
- Repair estimations: If you want to know how much it would cost to repair a defect in your prospective home, let us know and we will prepare those estimates for you.
Related Services We Provide to Building Inspections in Tauranga
In addition to our standard building inspection in Rotorua (click here to see what this inspection entails), we also offer additional inspection services. These include:
- Thermal imaging reports: These inspections are especially important for flat-roof houses, or for properties where decks overhang living areas. They are meant, primarily, to spot water damage.
- Pool inspections: If the property you are thinking of buying includes a swimming pool, add this check to your inspection to make sure it is operational and structurally sound.
- Meth lab testing: Decontaminating a property that has been used as a meth lab can cost tens of thousands of dollars. This inspection can determine whether your property falls into this category.
About What’s Up House Inspections
If you need a builder’s report in Rotorua, look no further than What’s Up Home Inspections. We have 15 years of experience and a trusted reputation among buyers, banks, solicitors, landlords, real estate agents and more. Contact us today to request a building inspection in Tauranga.