House Inspection Auckland
The Importance of a Pre-Purchase House Inspection in Auckland
Are you looking for someone who can carry out a house inspection in Auckland? If you are in the process of buying a house—whether new or old—it is vital that you have it inspected thoroughly. At What’s Up House Inspections, we have a keen eye and innate attention to detail that makes us the perfect ally for any prospective buyer.
The Benefits of a Pre-Purchase House Inspection in Auckland
Why is a pre-purchase building inspection in South Auckland such an important step if you are thinking about buying a house? Here are a few of the key benefits of this service:
- A second set of eyes: Even a sharp-eyed buyer can overlook things about their potential ‘forever home’—especially if they fall in love with the house at first sight. For instance, a house may look fantastic inside and out, but have hidden problems with the plumbing, electrical wiring, foundation or pests. An inspector brings a second set of eyes and a knowledge of how to spot these types of easy-to-miss defects.
- Bargaining power: A crack in the foundation is a good reason to walk away from a property you were thinking of buying. Sometimes, though, with less severe faults or defects, you might choose to use the findings of a property inspection in Auckland to bargain with the seller. You might be able to negotiate down to a lower price, or to get the buyer to agree to fix or replace certain problem elements of the house.
- Peace of mind: Buying a house is a big investment. The last thing you want is to be taking responsibility for a whole bundle of repairs and deferred maintenance. Getting an inspection will give you the peace of mind you need to move forward with confidence.
Tips Regarding a House Inspection in Auckland
If you are nearing the point where you are going to make an offer on a home, you need to be thinking about an inspection. Here are a few tips to help you navigate this part of the process:
- Get an inspection for any home—even a new one: If you are buying a new build, you might feel like an inspection is unnecessary. A new house shouldn’t have any defects yet, should it? While these homes are unlikely to have issues with outdated wiring, worn-out roofing or other similar defects, they might still have pest issues or problems due to shoddy workmanship. Get an inspection, just to be safe.
- Make sure your inspection will be comprehensive: Before you hire a company for a house inspection in East Auckland, ask what the inspection includes. Our inspections are extremely detailed, spanning from the foundation to the roof and including everything in between. We even check the grounds!
- Ask about add-on inspections: In addition to our detailed standard inspections, we also offer additional checks for swimming pools, thermal imaging and meth lab testing. Ask us about these services and whether we recommend them for your prospective home.
Why Trust What’s Up House Inspections with Your House Inspection in Auckland
If you need a house inspection in Auckland, you can trust What’s Up House Inspections for the job. With 15 years in business, seven locations and a track record of satisfied customers, we are the reliable and accountable ally you need in your corner as you move towards buying a house. Contact us today to get started.