Pre-Purchase Inspection Hamilton
Invest In a Pre-Purchase Inspection of Your New Hamilton Home
A pre-purchase home inspection in Hamilton is an investment and not an expense, as it could potentially save you lots of money and regret in the long run. Also, take note that a home appraisal and a home inspection are different. A banking institution performs an appraisal to determine the value of the home, which they then use in allocating mortgages, and an inspection provides a detailed view of the structural soundness of the property you intend purchasing. We follow and strive to exceed the NZS (New Zealand Standards) 4306:2005, ensuring that we keep you abreast of our findings. Banks, insurance companies, real estate businesses and solicitors, accept and recognise our reports, which also provide you with a useful decision making tool.
Related Services We Provide to Pre-Purchase Building Reports in Hamilton
Obtaining a builder’s report for new premises you are considering in Hamilton, is a wise decision. It transforms you from an excited or hasty buyer to an informed, diligent, cautious buyer. Our various services aim at addressing all areas of a property, from the foundations to the external cladding. However, there are a few additional services we offer which provide a more in-depth understanding of the property, for example, we use thermal imaging, which is excellent for flat roof areas and overhanging living areas.
- Grounds: There are occasions when the building is structurally sound but is at risk of being damaged by external forces, such as water. This inspection evaluates all possible challenges you may encounter, enabling you to decide upfront if you can afford to address these issues.
- Pool inspection: Owning a pool sounds impressive, yet it is expensive to maintain, be sure your pool and all its parts are in good working order before you sign on the dotted line.
- Meth lab testing: This test takes a little longer than the other inspections we perform yet is crucial if you would like the peace of mind that your property was never used as a lab, which could cost thousands of dollars to decontaminate, and reduces property value.
Tips for Getting More Value out of a Pre-Purchase House Inspection in Hamilton
Investing in a pre-purchase house inspection ensures that you avoid buying a house which will develop into a home improvement nightmare. Take note of these few tips to ensure you maximise your house inspection to your benefit.
- Attend the inspection: Rather be at the inspection and ask questions rather than regret not having been there and perhaps not raising a question on sagging insulation or some other issue. Keep in mind that the home inspector has a wealth of knowledge in this area and can provide answers to nagging questions and concerns.
- Reputable inspectors: Do your homework, be sure to use a reputable company. If you don’t know where to start, ask your banker, estate agent or solicitor who they recommend. Being well known and trusted by various banking and insurance facilities as well as by solicitors and real estate companies, our inspectors always have a camera handy to photograph any concerns, to substantiate the statements they make in their reports.
- Plumbing: We test for loss of water pressure. A slow drain may also indicate a problem, as would a furnace or water heater which requires replacing and could be rather expensive. Check the furnace filter, if it is in obvious need of changing, it may hint at other areas where maintenance is lacking.
Why You Should Use What’s Up House Inspections
We are proficient and perform exceptionally detailed and thorough inspections at highly competitive prices. Try us for peace of mind.